Matthew Bibby does things a little differently.
For starters, he takes a great deal of care when he handles your personal information and he does so in line with the 13 Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) that can be found at the OAIC website (www.oaic.gov.au).
What does Personal Information mean?
How is my Personal Information Collected?
The main way Matt collects personal information is through you directly or through your authorised representative. That is, when you visit me at matthewbibby.com and submit your personal information or request your personal information to be used (i.e. by subscribing to an email newsletter).
Matt sometimes collects personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect me to collect your personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
Your personal information may be collected through the following services that are used on this website:
- User contact forms
- Cookies & Analytics
- Mailing list
- Social Network widgets and buttons (Pinterest, Twitter etc)
- Maps/Video and other embedded content
- Direct Marketing
- Credit card payments including Stripe and PayPal
- 3rd party commenting (Disqus etc)
- RSS Feed
- Cross-border Disclosure of Personal Information
- Third party polling and survey plugins (Survey Monkey etc)
Matt only collects personal information for purposes which are directly related to his functions or activities under the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act), and only when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes.
How do you use my Personal Information?
Matt only uses personal information for the purposes for which he collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of his functions or activities that on the whole create a better user experience for you at matthewbibby.com.
Matt does not give personal information about an individual to any government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- you have consented
- you would reasonably expect, or have told Matt, that information of this kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody's life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Is my Personal Information Stored Securely?
Matt takes steps to protect the personal information he holds against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
When the personal information that Matt collected is no longer required, he destroys or deletes it in a secure manner.
Can I Access or Change the Personal Information I give you?
Matthew Bibby is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. He cares deeply about his users and does everything he can to adhere to the 13 Australian Privacy Principles as per the OAIC guidelines.
How to Contact Matt
For further information contact Matt at email@example.com or alternatively you can write to him at Matthew Bibby, 1607A Sturt Street, Alfredton, VIC, 3350.